Well, i haven’t been writing much lately and I unfortunately haven’t been reading much either. My head’s been a little preoccupied with… well, with stuff.
So when my blog peep Little Miss French Horn tagged me I thought it was a nice way to get back into the blogging thing. So the meme info in quotes. Below are my answers. I don’t think mine are nearly as cool as Melon Girl… i mean c’mon. Arrested for running around nehked in a fountain.
FYI – you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment saying “You’re it!” & to go read your blog. You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you’re not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird, random, facts, habits and goals.
Here are my responses.
- When I was four I burned my leg really bad with a pot of boiling pinto beans. I’ve got a scar from just above my knee up to near my groin.
- I think I mentioned this once before. Weird habit: I shave my chest and underarms. I can’t stand to have hair there. I started when i was in college and it stuck into this weird quirky thing i do.
- I once spent the night in a 1984 Camaro when it broke down on the way to Padre Island, Tx for Spring Break. It was easier on me (being 5’3″) than it was my roommate who was 6’4″
- Same Spring Break (when we got there the next day) I drew the short straw and took one for the team as my three friends got the good lookin girls and I…. well didn’t. But I got to pretend I was a surfing champion.
- I am not a surfing champion
- File this in the quirky column: I’m right handed but when i was in the military I found I couldn’t close my left eye so I had to learn to shoot my weapon left handed.
- A weird habit: When I drink out of a straw, i sip on it from the corner of my mouth instead of the center.
- I was the president of the band when I was in high school as well as president of my fraternity chapter in college. Yes, (head hanging in shame) i was a frat boy.
- I’ve run the Houston Marathon three times but never finished under the requisite time (5 hours 30 minutes) to be officially a finisher. The last time i ran it (in 2000) i missed it by 7 minutes.
- Lastly… a goal: (i almost don’t want to write this one for fear of putting the kaibosh on myself)… I hope to someday to sell one of my songs so it finds its way in film or television.
ok!…. tah dahh…. well, that was fun. Seems like I haven’t been tagged in a pretty long time. Well, my blog peep Johnny P tagged me about a month or two ago but that one was really hard and i didn’t finish it. Sooooo…. Johnny P, you’re on deck. Sorry I didn’t finish the one you sent me. DC (you’ve been gone for too long and this is a somewhat easy way to get back into the swing of things.); uuMomma (she’s so nice. I want to hear some weird stuff about her), Kinsi! (just because you need to get tagged); LB (i’m secretly crushing on LB and would like to hear some weird stuff about her. ok, I guess it’s not a secret anymore and I guess it’s not really crush as much as it is a “i really, really, really like stopping by her blog” kinda thing. : ); and my buddy Ombud (cuz i’m sure he’s got some weird stuff to disclose)