I just found a wordpress blogger who is using VodPod.com to embed flickr slideshows in her blog. Pretty cool.
And if you go to the forums there are some links on how to do this but they are written from a techno-geek point of view so I thought I would share my own easy 12 step process to using VodPod for flickr slideshows.
There used to be a pretty cool site for doing slideshows and inserting your own music called Splashcast but they went to a subscription model. Unfortunately with flickr all you get are the pics… no music. But if pics is all you want, well, here ya go.
- 1. Get a VodPod.com account.
- 2. Get a flickr.com account
- 3. Upload your amazing pics to flickr.
- 4. Get your slideshow share link. (upper right hand corner) and use the embed link not the url.
- 5. Login to VodPod,
- 6. Click on the tab labeled “paste embed code”
- 7. Paste your link and hit preview.
- 8. A window pops up with two tabs. Click the “Post to Site” tab and
- 9. Click on the WordPress button.
- 10. Click the blue link “Send to my editor”
- 11. Wait for the internet to do it’s magic
- 12. Hit “Publish” share your stuff with the world.
Tah dahhhh! Hope this helps.
It works with vimeo videos as well.